www.flickr.com

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Decorating for Christmas

Last Friday, I helped the boys in our host family put up their family Christmas tree. Our host mother told me that she doesn't enjoy decorating and would gladly hand the task over to me. I was thrilled!

We had a good time putting up the tree together. Then, on Saturday morning, I was surprised when the youngest boy, Mickey, asked me if I would help his grandmother put up her tree. I was honored because this was only the second time that I had ever been in her home (she lives downstairs). She is a very sweet lady. Because of her hearing problems, and my limited Spanish, we didn't say much but she kept clapping her hands together, smiling, and saying, "Que bonito!" (how beautiful!)

This morning, I helped Mickey decorate the balcony with lights. Despite the 80 degree weather, it seems a little more like Christmas.

No comments: