www.flickr.com

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Jenifer

Please pray for Jenifer, a 14 year-old girl at NLCH. On Tuesday, she started running a temperature of 102.5. She stayed the night at our apartment and rested during the day yesterday. She only had a low-grade fever and cold symptoms throughout the day. She stayed again at our apartment last night and I woke her up at 5:45 am to check her fever, fully expecting that she wouldn't have any and that she could return to school today. I was shocked when the thermometer indicated a fever of 105.1! I quickly gave her liquid fever reducing medicine and used rags with ice water. I thought maybe I wasn't coherent at that early hour and perhaps read the number wrong so I took her temperature again. It was still extremely high so Daniel and I took her to the hospital. She was given an injection for her fever and has strep throat. However, her fever continues to be high and we are getting ready to take her for a second injection. Please pray that God will bring healing to her body!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Many, many prayers of protection for Jenifer and wisdom for you.

kjohnsons said...

How is Jenifer doing today?