www.flickr.com

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Only in Texas...

As most of you know, Texans are very proud of their state and this pride is displayed everywhere -- flags, attire, bumper stickers, key chains, star decorations, you name it! Christmas is no exception. Instead of traditional Christmas lights, a house near us proudly displayed the Texas flag made out of red, white and blue lights across the roof. This is a bad picture but the best one I have.
I must admit, I have made fun of this pride in the past but now as a Texas resident--
Our Christmas tree.
The front of the house.The living room.

"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!"

2 comments:

Jen Price said...

Ha, ha. I know you can get the shape of Texas in just about EVERYTHING! I didn't realize it until I moved away.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Yeah baby! I have several Texas-shaped ornaments. But you really can get Texas-anything. I've considered ordering a Texas-shaped waffle maker. True story.