www.flickr.com

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My First Cattle Sale

I was VERY excited when my father-in-law took me to my first cattle sale today!! The auctioneer talked so fast and the animals were paraded by so quickly that I couldn't really tell what was going on. I couldn't even tell who was bidding; I was just hoping that he didn't think that it was me!

I saw the most goats that I have ever seen in my life, a lot of cattle (including several rather fierce-looking bulls), a llama, and a few horses. It is a good thing that I did not bring my checkbook or we might have ended up with a scrawny brown and white goat with long ears, and a 20 year-old sick horse who was brought in by Animal Control (she sold for only $12.50). It was quite an experience!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kare~
I don't think I would have ever guessed back in high school that you would be talking about how you went to a cattle show! Funny where God decides to take us sometimes.
~Aim

Kara said...

I can't say that I would have either! You are right, God definitely takes us in directions that we never could have imagined. I am certainly glad though! Thanks for leaving a comment!

Anonymous said...

I am getting ready to eat a salad thiking about all the good beef you guys will be eating at campmeeting. Wow - good preaching- wonderful family, good friends and good meat - what could be better! I see where you are very close to leaving for the field - please know you go with a lot of prayers and the best wishes of your Douglasville friends. There are a lot of BSUMC folks signing up to come to see you next summer at New Life. May God richly bless and protect you on your journey = Kevin