www.flickr.com

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Sustained By Love

I cannot think of the right words to express gratitude for the love that has been shown to us over the past few weeks through emails, phone calls, prayers and encouragement, but it seemed only right to acknowledge the impact here and to offer a simple "thank you." Anyone who has experienced grief knows that it is the love, support and prayers of others that carry you through the difficult times.

I am amazed by how many emails we have received from people who have had similar experiences. Thank you for sharing your stories with us! It was comforting to know that you understood our pain. Also, it was very encouraging to hear from people who lost their first child but went on to have other children. I pray that will be the case for us as well.

While things are not back to "normal" and I am not sure when they will be, I am ready for this blog not to be dominated by the miscarriage. There is still sadness and some days are worse than others, so I can't promise that I won't have something to say about it in the future, but I am now ready to post about other things.

In the midst of sadness there is incredible joy. I am so thankful to be in an environment where I am daily surrounded by 47 loving children (plus the over 400 from the school!).

No comments: