www.flickr.com

Sunday, April 01, 2007

I'm on a Roll!

After writing my previous post on Friday, I now have another example to add to the ever-growing list. Last night before dinner, we were getting ready to do a small drama to introduce our Holy Week activities and I asked one of the older girls (who teaches English in our school) if she could turn off the lights at one point during the drama. I thought I was explaining it very clearly but then she stopped me and said, "ummm... wait, it's better if you just say it in English."

Now I am really beginning to think that I may need to go back to language school!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha! This is hilarious Kara! When we were down there (I think we are talking about the same girl) she asked me to speak English to her too! Keep your head up!