www.flickr.com

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Happy Birthday, Salomón and Javier!

Yesterday, we celebrated Javier's 11th birthday and Salomón's 14th birthday. It was a very special and fun day! You might remember from a previous post that Javier asked me not so long ago when his birthday was. Javier and his brother came to NLCH this past May. They were basically living on the street prior to coming to NLCH because their parents are severe alcoholics who are unable to care for them. Most likely, yesterday was the first birthday that Javier has ever celebrated in his eleven years of life. This showed in the fact that he had a beaming smile on his face the entire day as people wished him a happy birthday. He invited Kevin to accompany him and chose to eat at McDonald's. This worked out very well because Salomón (who chose his 15 year-old brother, Elias, as his guest) also chose McDonald's. All four boys ordered a Shrek happy meal. After lunch, we took the boys to Pop's (a local chain) for ice cream.

3 comments:

kjohnsons said...

Ok, who made those cute cakes? Is my sister following in my footsteps or was this an intern job? :)

Kara said...

I wish I could take credit but I have no cake decorating skills. I made the cakes and Shelly did an excellent job decorating them. Boy am I thankful for interns!

Anonymous said...

Kara: Enjoyed the picture of Salomon-will share it with our SS class. He is "our" kid!! Also loved the picture of him with shaving cream (or whatever it was!) all over his head. Rosemary