www.flickr.com

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sick again

I have been battling stomach sickness (awful nausea and vomiting) for the past seven weeks. Seven weeks!.... you may think that's terrible and that I must be pretty upset about it. No, not this time. This time it is not the result of some parasite, amoeba, or other crazy Guatemalan bug. This time it's a BABY!!!

Daniel and I found out the news on New Year's Day. That was a great way to start 2008! I had my 12 week appointment yesterday and we were thrilled to hear a strong heart beat and to see the baby moving its arms and legs. How amazing!

After losing our first pregnancy, it is hard not to constantly be in fear of losing this one. I have to continually give this little life over to the Lord and remember that He is in control and that no matter what happens, I can trust Him. It is a hard battle though since we want so badly to be parents and I am such a natural worrier!

We ask for your prayers for this little life and for decisions that lay ahead about timing to return to the U.S.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!
-WHITNEY C

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to hold our Little Harris grandbaby. We love you! M&D

Jo said...

Thank you for sharing your news - it made my day. I can't wait for Jon to come home from work so I can tell him. I am so so SO happy for you both.

Steve and Andrea LaMotte said...

We're so excited for you both! You're in our prayers.

Amy Tiemeier said...

Yea!!! Congratulations! We are daily praying for the safety of this precious gift of life as well as the faithful mommy and daddy!

kjohnsons said...

I can't wait to have a new niece or nephew! I'm placing my bet now that you're having a boy. :) Kaitlyn is sure it's a girl!