www.flickr.com

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Saying Goodbye

I think I am still in denial about the fact that tomorrow is our last day here. We will leave for the airport around 4 AM on Friday morning. This week has been bittersweet, as we knew it would be. In the midst of the chaos of packing and trying to finish up things around here, we have enjoyed some special times (pictures below). However, these times have also been difficult because they mark the beginning of inevitable official goodbye that we must say tomorrow.
The office staff prepared breakfast for us on Tuesday morning. It was delicious! Below is a close up of the food: breakfast sandwiches, plantains, black beans (of course!), chips, bread, orange juice and coffee.

(Left to right -- Daniel, me, Estela, Sandra, Michele, Jon, Alex and Gladys.)
Tonight our Thursday night discipleship group took us out to dinner (above picture). This meant so much to us and we had a great time. Sandra (Michele's mother and also the coordinator of the NLCH home parents) went with us.

2 comments:

Home of Harris said...

Good-byes are hard. However, when Adam and I had our last Sunday with the congregation at COTR in Abq. I was struck with a beautiful mental picture. As we all worshipped God that Sunday morning, I realized no matter where Adam and I were we were all worshipping the same God. And I was reminded that ultimately we will all be together worshipping our great Creator one day. Anyway, ya'll remain in our thoughts and prayers during this emotional transition.

hannahspelledbackwards said...

Hey Uncle Daniel and Aunt Kara, it beaks my heart just reading this. My dad just pulled up your blog and I've been reading it quite a bit, that was sad but now youv'e got a new baby. Skype my family in a few days,I'd like to see my new cousin! Love,Hannah