www.flickr.com

Sunday, June 21, 2009

My First Father's Day

I'm a bit sad that my first Father's Day is also the first day of Ethan's life that I haven't seen him. I am in San Antonio for Renovare's International Conference, and Kara and Ethan are in St. Louis visiting her family. (They've been there since Friday, but the other two days I've been able to see him on Skype. At least today I got to talk to him on the phone while traveling. He didn't say much, but did sneeze and cough into the phone, so I knew he was there.)

I knew I would have a hard time being away from that little guy for the first time, and dropping them off at the airport was even tougher than I thought. It's good that I'm so crazy about my wife and son, though. They continue to make my heart very full.

If I have to be away from them, this is the place to be. I got to hear Eugene Peterson tonight, and still to come are Dallas Willard, Richard Foster, John Ortberg and others- all of whom I really respect and none of whom I've ever got to hear in person before. (Some of you who know me well know how big a deal it is for me to hear Dallas. He walked into my seminar this afternoon and sat a few rows behind me- I couldn't text Kara fast enough.)

Since I'm here by myself and have yet to see anyone I know, the ol' blog will be my friend...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Daniel, I read all those guys in my Theology class in college. I totally understand your exitement with meeting them! HOpe things are going great for you all. Ethan is SO adorable!
--Katie Coppage