www.flickr.com

Monday, June 22, 2009

Renovare Day 2

It's kind of surreal: between Dallas Willard, Eugene Peterson, Richard Foster, Randy Frazee, and John Ortberg, I've probably read or re-read a book by one of them 50 times, and they're all here. Especially with Dallas- I quote him a lot to other people who've never read his books, and probably never will, but people here leading the sessions quote him more than I do! I'm not alone!

That has been one of the most encouraging things about being here: the realization that my convictions about what is truly the church's business (and what isn't), and what our priorities should be (and what they shouldn't be), are passionately shared by thousands of other Christian leaders across the country. There are hundreds of other people here whose lives and ministries have been revolutionized by a vision of spiritual formation and discipleship just as mine have been, and that's what I'm most thankful for.

Quote of the day:
Eugene Peterson: "Steroids may help you hit home runs faster in baseball, but there are no steroids for holiness."

No comments: