www.flickr.com

Friday, September 15, 2006

Independence Day



We are enjoying our day off today. The morning started with a parade of what seemed like a hundred high school & middle school bands... a lot of noise and a lot of people!! The students started in the central park and marched about a mile to a large soccer stadium.

Above is Mickey (Miguel), the youngest member of our host family. He is so cute and such a sweet kid!

The streets around the central park are full of vendors selling all kinds of things. I thought that the man above had an interesting booth -- he was selling pieces of this large ball of meat. For some reason I thought of amoebas when I saw that!

Hooray!...they sell cotton candy here! Probably the only other person that might get excited about this is Sarah Lobello -- I miss you, Sarah!! I hope that it works out for you to come next summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad Sarah and I won't be staying until Guatemala's independance day next year....i'm sure sarah would love to get her hands on some of that cotton candy!!! :)