www.flickr.com

Monday, February 26, 2007

A Little Bitty New Life in Guatemala

Over the last couple of days we've told you about taking pictures, the sinkhole, and buying a car, but here's the news we've been anxious to share with all of you. According to the doctor, the 3.6mm dot in the ultrasound picture below really is a baby. He or she will be born sometime around October 11.

As you can imagine, we're pretty excited!

There have already been a couple of questions that seem to keep coming up- people want to know if we're going to have the baby here or in the U.S., and if this is going to change anything with our two-year commitment here. The short answers are: we have a very good doctor and a very good hospital here, so we're planning on staying here for the baby's birth. Also, we are still sticking with the two-year commitment. (We want the little guy/girl to get as many black beans as possible before heading back to the states.)

7 comments:

kjohnsons said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! We are so excited and happy for you both. We are praying for an easy pregnancy, no morning sickness and a healthy, FAT baby!! :) We love you!!

Amy Tiemeier said...

I am so excited that baby Tiemeier will have a Spanish speaking friend!

Anonymous said...

FELICIDADES!!!! We are sooo happy for you guys. We pray that everything goes well during the pregnancy.
Les queremos mucho!!

Kendra said...

Congratulations!! I'll be praying for great health throughout the pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

I am soooo excited for you. This has been my first chance to get on the computer. I was reading the blog and showed Jack the sono pic, I said "This is your cousin" and then I said "baby" and he repeated "baby". I really cannot express how excited I am.I am praying for all three of you. Love Tiffany

Anonymous said...

Nana can't wait to see "her baby" getting bigger with her precious grandchild. I am praying for all of you. I love you so much. I can't quit smiling! God is so good.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Kurt and I will be praying for your saftey and health. What an exciting time!
-Kurt and Priscilla Johnson