www.flickr.com

Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Market










I know that I have posted about the market several times, but it an interesting place so I thought I would post some more pictures. The two photos above show the variety of fruits and vegetables sold in the market. For the following pictures, the descriptions will be below the photo.
Children of some of the vendors. The little one in the front looked like she was about ready to fall off of the table and I didn't see any parents close by.

This is the reason that Daniel doesn't like the market. It is always a busy place. They have additional security on Saturdays because the crowd is larger. You can a police car and officer in the photo.
I am amazed at how women here can balance all kinds of things on their heads (baskets, bags, firewood, etc.). This skill comes in very handy. For this woman, balancing all of her purchases on her head left her hands free to make a phone call. Maybe I should work on this skill.

One of many tables of eggs. Eggs are not refrigerated here, even in many of the homes. Our host family has a basket of eggs that sits out on the kitchen counter. Could this be why I have had so many stomach problems??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All of this good looking produce excites me!!!