www.flickr.com

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Marking the Day

It may seem strange to do a post about this... also, I'm not really sure what to say. I guess I just want to have some kind of acknowledgment that this was the due date for our miscarried first child. If for no other reason than to honor the memory of that little life and perhaps to bring about further healing.

To be honest, this has been a pretty tough process, especially in the past few days as this date approached and old feelings have resurfaced. There are two other couples in my home church that are expecting babies this same week. This morning I opened my email to find that one of them is in labor. My reaction to that happy news shocked me as feelings that I thought were long over came back in a fury -- the deep hurt of something precious being taken away and the sadness that creeps in with thoughts of "what if."

I know I am not alone in this. Many people have walked this same road, even multiple times. While most days I am comforted and know that God has a great plan for us, today it just hurts.

3 comments:

Home of Harris said...

Your post has brought tears to my eyes. I understand. Not too long ago the girls asked how old our baby in heaven would be-four years old. Our baby was due October 9th, 2003. We love you and we will be praying for you both.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

You should mark the day. Absolutely.

Thinking of you.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

daniel and kara please look at our photograhpy posting from here in GA. You all are doing a great job. Wayne O'Kelley is such a great young man and you two would be so proud of him...
www.waynesworldphotography.smugmug.com

please keep in touch with the okelleys
we read your blogs !
rtway@comcast.net