www.flickr.com

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Oops!

Daniel and I bought a clipper set at the grocery store last week so that I could start cutting his hair. He was tired of trying to find somewhere to get his hair cut and/or trying to time it right so that he would be here when all of the boys from the home get their hair cut.

Well.... the good news is he won't need another haircut for awhile. The bad news, as you can see in the picture above, I am going to need a lot of practice and unfortunately for Daniel, that practice will be on his head for all the world to see.

In my defense, he picked out which guard to use, saying "I think this is the size that they usually use." Obviously, that was not right. With one swipe that became glaringly clear as a huge chunk of hair fell to the ground as if in slow motion, which triggered my jaw to drop as I gasped and stared at his then visible scalp. Daniel, knowing something hadn't gone quite as planned but still in the dark as to what it was said, "what??"

At that point, there was no turning back. Other than glue, there was no other option so we had to continue with the super short cut. Actually, I left him with more a "mangy dog" (not quite the adjective any man wants for their hair style) look because I couldn't bear to cut it all that same short length.

Hopefully, if there is a next time, I will do much better. Thankfully hair grows!

4 comments:

Amy Tiemeier said...

I just had to laugh at the "mangy dog cut" comment. You should have just shaved it all off really short. Then you would have gotten idea of what he will look like when he is a grandpa!! ;)

kjohnsons said...

Ouch! Actually this makes me feel so much better about the time I cut Keith's hair. I can't wait to show him this post. :) (Sorry, Daniel!)

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you won't be accused of sporting a mullet! Love you guys, Wes

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

That is HILARIOUS. So glad you posted that! Because I got a kick out of it.

Hehe!