www.flickr.com

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Stockings

Kendon 's email in the post below mentioned that my parents' church, Mid-Rivers Baptist Chapel, is providing Christmas stockings for all of the kids here this year. We are very excited about this and thankful for their help! Here is a picture that my parents' sent of the tree in their church lobby with all of the stockings. My parents made beautiful paper stockings with each child's picture, age and name. Each child was "adopted" by a church member and a gallon-sized bag was filled with all kinds of treats for Christmas morning. I can't wait to see the kids open them!

What I am even more excited about is that my parents are spending Christmas here with us this year! They arrive on the 23rd and will be here for a week. This is an incredible place to be at Christmas, watching all of the children open their gifts and celebrate together, but it will be even more special this year sharing the traditions with my parents.

No comments: