www.flickr.com

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Packing... and Re-Packing

It is extremely hard to pack everything that you want for two years in two suitcases that cannot weigh over 50 pounds. I was very proud of myself when I was able to condense things enough to fit in my two duffle bags (of course they were bursting at the seams!). Then, Daniel weighed them and much to my dismay, I learned that my first bag was 15 pounds overweight and my second was 19 pounds over. I was close to tears – Daniel, seeing this, offered to put some of my things into his bags. He should win some kind of great husband award for that! I also eliminated several things that I decided I could surely live without and now we have four bags that meet the airline weight limitations. Hopefully, the airport baggage scale is the same as our bathroom scale!

No comments: