www.flickr.com

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Similarities



I have noticed that some of the children here peel off the outside edge of their tortillas. I first saw this at our host family's house in Antigua and then later at the children's home, too. I asked Kevin (pictured above) why he does that and he said it was because the outside is hard. I thought that was funny because I can't tell any difference in the consistency. I guess it is just a universal things for kids to want to tear off the outside -- like American kids do with sandwich bread.

4 comments:

Amy Tiemeier said...

Cute!

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

That's hilarious! I love it.

BLOG DOG said...

Kara, could you send me all those outsides! I love me some tortilla outsides. Paul

Kara said...

Paul -- your comment makes me laugh. I will save a pile of tortilla outsides for you for your trip down here in March! We can´t wait to see you!