www.flickr.com

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Time Away

Before Kendon and Wendy left for the summer, they encouraged us to take a little vacation when they got back. I think they already knew that we were going to need it! I still don't understand how they do their jobs since we did only a fraction of them while they were gone and we were completely exhausted and overwhelmed at times!

Now that they have returned and things have slowed down considerably, they did not have to convince us too hard to go away for a few days. Thanks to some birthday and anniversary money from our parents, we are leaving today (our sixth anniversary!) to spend one night in Antigua and two nights on the Pacific coast. I can't wait! Although it may sound very boring, I am really looking forward to just being able to sit and think. It seems like so much of our time here has just raced by, and lately I have lost perspective on why we are here and what a great opportunity this is. I have started taking time with the children for granted, being caught up in being busy instead of just enjoying the kids.

I hope that the next few days will be a time of refreshing for us and that we will come back renewed and ready for our remaining year here.

3 comments:

Home of Harris said...

Happy Anniversary - We all love you guys and miss yall very much. We are praying for you both.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary from Wes & Karis. Can't wait to see you.

Amy Tiemeier said...

I am so glad that you are getting some time away! Hopefully you can tell me all about it when you get back.